GlucoMenu: Diabetic Blood Sugar Goals
GlucoMenu® Newsletter - Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Unsubscribe Click Here | Subscribe Click Here
Diabetic Blood Sugar Goals
I have Diabetes, what should my blood sugar be? Where should blood sugar be to avoid complications? What are normal blood sugar ranges for healthy people?
Diabetic Blood Sugar Goals
Message from Christine
Hi Everyone! This week's newsletter includes:
Make it a great week!
Christine Carlson, Registered Dietitian & Certified Diabetes Educator
- Diabetic Blood Sugar Goals
- Turkey Panini Recipe
- Attention Members
- Keeping a Blood Sugar Log
- What kind of nuts should I buy? (E-mails to Christine)
- Weekly Exercise Tip
- Support Group
GlucoMenu® Nutrition Director
Please "Like" Us!
We just implemented the "Like" button. Please click the "Like" button if your enjoy our website.
GlucoMenu® Turkey Panini Recipe
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup fresh basil
1 T. red wine vinegar
1 T. chopped walnuts
1 t. olive oil
dash of black pepper
2 slices Italian bread
1 oz. sliced roasted turkey breast, skinless
1/2 oz. reduced fat, low sodium provolone cheese
1/3 cup sliced red onion
1/3 tomato, sliced
1. In food processor, mix garlic, basil, walnuts, and vinegar. Add oil and pepper to make paste consistency pesto.
2. Spread pesto on 1 side of both pieces of bread.
2. Place turkey, cheese, onion, and tomato on top of pesto on 1 slice of bread. Top with other slice of bread with pesto side on inside of sandwich.
3. Toast sandwich for about 6 minutes until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, turn half way through toasting.
4. Makes 1 sandwich.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories: 385, Carbohydrate: 44 g, Fiber: 4 g, Fat: 14 g, Protein: 22 g, Sodium: 501 mg
Tip of the Week - Keeping a Blood Sugar Log
Keeping a blood sugar log (booklet or handheld device) can help with diabetes management.
- We are looking for people to participate in our ongoing Diabetes Self-Management Study.
Send me an e-mail if you are interested in the Diabetes Study: nutrition@GlucoMenu.com or click the link below to learn more.
Diabetes Self-Management Study
- Christine's Diabetes Support Group on Facebook - Ask questions, read comments, and get answers from Christine (Registered Dietitian & Certified Diabetes Educator) as well as other members of the Diabetes Support-Group.
Join me on Facebook!
- Let's talk! I've set aside every Friday to chat with customers and see how things are going.
Send me an e-mail: nutrition@GlucoMenu.com or click the link below.
Schedule a Telephone Call w/ Christine
A log can help you and your healthcare team understand how well your diabetes is being controlled and make any necessary adjustments.
Food Picker® Updates
E-mails to Christine
Q: What kind of nuts should I buy?
A: Nuts can be a great addition to your meal plan. Nutritionally, they contain fiber and a variety of vitamins and minerals. In addition, they are cholesterol free and contain unsaturated fats (including monounsaturated fats). Nuts are high in fat and calorie dense so you want to watch portion sizes...
Read Christine's Entire Answer
Weekly Exercise Tip
GlucoMenu® Support Group
In this issue:
- date & test time,
- blood sugar reading,
- food consumed, if testing after a meal - (note larger portions
than usual or alcohol consumed), and
- any notes regarding what could be impacting your blood sugar (i.e.
feeling sick or just exercised).
1. Who remembers the first days?
2. Hello to all
3. Friend cannot afford test strips
4. Seeing a Dietitian
5. Looking for a diet plan
6. 2nd opinion
I went online and found your program. WOW, I am so impressed with how you have 'put it all together.'
I started on your breakfasts menu Friday morning and shopped with your shopping list Friday. What a manageable program.