GlucoMenu: BBQ Chicken Salad Recipe
GlucoMenu® Newsletter - Saturday, May 25, 2013
Unsubscribe Click Here | Subscribe Click Here
E-mail to Christine - Sugar vs Sugar Alcohol
Q: What is the difference between sugar and sugar alcohols?
A: Sugar alcohols are reduced calorie sugar substitutes that can be found in sugar-free candies, desserts, chewing gum, and other products. Sugar alcohols do not have as much effect on blood sugar in comparison to regular table sugar. If a food contains more than 5 grams sugar alcohol, the American Diabetes Association recommends subtracting 1/2 of the sugar alcohol grams from the total carbohydrate in a food...
Read Christine's Entire Answer
Message from Christine
Hi Everyone! This week's newsletter includes:
Make it a great week!
Christine Carlson, Registered Dietitian & Certified Diabetes Educator
- Sugar vs Sugar Alcohol
- BBQ Chicken Salad Recipe
- Attention Members
- Know Your Blood Sugar Numbers
- Foot Care
- Avoiding the Exercise Rut
- Support Group
GlucoMenu® Nutrition Director
Please "Like" Us!
We just implemented the "Like" button. Please click the "Like" button if your enjoy our website.
GlucoMenu® BBQ Chicken Salad Recipe
3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1/3 cup sliced red onions
1 red tomato, cut into chunks
2 oz. roasted chicken breast, skinless
2 T. BBQ sauce
3 T. low salt black beans
2 T. yellow corn
1 oz. low sodium mozzarella cheese
4 baked tortilla chips, broken into pieces
1. Cut baked chicken into strips.
2. Place lettuce on plate. Add tortilla chips, corn, beans, tomato, onion, and cheese.
3. Place warm chicken on top of salad. Drizzle with BBQ sauce.
4. Serve immediately.
5. Makes one serving.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories: 355, Carbohydrate: 40 g, Fiber: 9 g, Fat: 8 g, Protein: 34 g, Sodium: 704 mg
Food Picker® Updates
Tip of the Week - Foot Care
People with diabetes should check their feet everyday. Nerve complications can lead to numbness in the feet and may
leave you unaware of injury or infection. Follow these steps to keep feet healthy.
- Christine's Diabetes Support Group on Facebook - Ask questions, read comments, and get answers from Christine (Registered Dietitian & Certified Diabetes Educator) as well as other members of the Diabetes Support-Group.
Join me on Facebook!
- We are looking for people to participate in our ongoing Diabetes Self-Management Study.
Send me an e-mail if you are interested in the Diabetes Study: nutrition@GlucoMenu.com or click the link below to learn more.
Diabetes Self-Management Study
- Let's talk! I've set aside every Friday to chat with customers and see how things are going.
Send me an e-mail: nutrition@GlucoMenu.com or click the link below.
Schedule a Telephone Call w/ Christine
Monitor blood sugar as recommended by your doctor and check
your feet each day as a part of staying in good health.
Weekly Exercise Tip
GlucoMenu® Support Group
In this issue:
- Check for cuts, abrasions, and corns daily.
- Look for cold or warm areas on your feet which may indicate poor circulation or infection.
- Wear comfortable shoes that do not cause blistering or calluses.
- Test water temperature prior to stepping into the tub to avoid burns.
- Ask your doctor to check your feet at visits.
- Never go outside without shoes on.
2. Metformin & Synthroid
3. Pre-Diabetes weight loss
4. Pre-Diabetes Neuropathy (2 responses)
5. Blood sugar instability and doctor problems
I went online and found your program. WOW, I am so impressed with how you have "put it all together."
I started on your breakfast menu Friday morning and shopped with your shopping list. What a manageable program.