GlucoMenu: Diabetes Newsletter - 30 Pounds Weight Loss
GlucoMenu® Newsletter - Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Unsubscribe Click Here | Subscribe Click Here
Tip of the Week - Carbohydrate Choices (or carb counting)
One "Carbohydrate Choice" equals 15 grams of carbohdyrate. Each of the following foods are examples of one carbohydrate choice:
Message from Christine
Hi Everyone! This week's newsletter includes:
Make it a great week!
Christine Carlson, Registered Dietitian & Certified Diabetes Educator
- Carbohydrate Choices
- Lemon Poppy Muffin Recipe
- 30 Pounds Weight Loss
- E-mails to Christine (High Cholesterol)
- Attention Members
- Food Tips to Control Blood Sugar
- Quick Workouts
- Support Group
GlucoMenu® Nutrition Director
Read more about Carbohydrate Choices
- 1 slice of whole grain bread
- 1/3 cup cooked pasta or rice
- 1/2 cup cooked beans or peas
- 1 small apple
- 1 extra small banana or
- 1 cup low fat milk
Please "Like" Us!
We just implemented the "Like" button. Please click the "Like" button if your enjoy our website.
GlucoMenu® Lemon Poppy Muffin Recipe
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 T. granulated sugar
1/4 cup Splenda sweetener
2 t. baking powder
1/4 cup egg substitute
6 fl. oz. 1% milk
3 T. canola oil
1 T. poppy seeds
1 1/2 T. lemon peel, grated
1. Mix flours, sugar, Splenda, poppy seeds, and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl.
2. In small bowl combine egg substitute, milk, oil, and lemon peel.
3. Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
4. Spoon into non-stick muffin tins. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
5. Makes 8 muffins.
Nutrition Facts per muffin:
Calories: 177, Carbohydrate: 25 g, Fiber: 2 g, Fat: 6 g, Protein: 5 g, Sodium: 324 mg
E-mail to Christine - High Cholesterol
Q: In addition to having diabetes I have high cholesterol. What can I order?
A: Cholesterol is only found in animal products. Plant foods will not contain...
Read Christine's Entire Answer
Over 30 Pounds Weight Loss - Congratulations Becky Walters!
A few comments from Becky...
My name is Becky Walters and I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes on December 31, 2010. I started 2011 with the realization that I needed to make some serious changes.
I began using the menus, and BOOM my blood sugar levels were steady and I lost weight.
My A1C level is down. My doctor is pleased. Feeling healthy is FANTASTIC!
You can read more about Becky at:
Becky's Diet & Weight Loss Story
Do you have a weight loss success story? Please e-mail it to email@example.com
Food Picker® Updates
Featured Article - Food Tips to Control Blood Sugar
Controlling blood sugar can delay or prevent diabetes complications. What, when, and how much you eat affects your blood sugar...
Food Tips to Control Blood Sugar
Weekly Exercise Tip
GlucoMenu® Support Group
In this issue:
- Christine's Diabetes Support Group on Facebook - Ask questions, read comments, and get answers from Christine (Registered Dietitian & Certified Diabetes Educator) as well as other members of the Diabetes Support-Group.
Join me on Facebook!
- We are looking for people to participate in our ongoing Diabetes Self-Management Study.
Send me an e-mail if you are interested in the Diabetes Study: nutrition@GlucoMenu.com or click the link below to learn more.
Diabetes Self-Management Study
- Let's talk! I've set aside every Friday to chat with customers and see how things are going.
Send me an e-mail: nutrition@GlucoMenu.com or click the link below.
Schedule a Telephone Call w/ Christine
1. When should I exercise?
2. Should I see a diabetes doctor?
3. Depressed with diabetes
4. Low blood glucose level (response)
5. Need to lose weight but have not seen a dietitian
6. Taking Glipizide, is this diabetes?
7. Why is my blood sugar high in the morning? (response)
I love the diet and am doing great... I am exercising as well. The thing I like
about your diet is I never feel hunger. Thanks for all of your help.