GlucoMenu® Newsletter - Friday, July 29, 2016
Unsubscribe Click Here | Subscribe Click Here
Message from Christine
Hi Everyone! This week's newsletter includes:
Make it a great week!
Christine Carlson, Registered Dietitian & Certified Diabetes Educator
- Diabetes Educator Conference - Update
- Attention Members
- Diabetes & Stevia Sweeteners
- Stir-Fry Recipe
- Keeping a Blood Sugar Log
- Food Tips to Control Blood Sugar
- Exercise & Music
- Support Group
GlucoMenu® Nutrition Director
Diabetes Educator Conference - Update
Iím back from Vegas and the American Association of Diabetes Educators national conference.
A few sessions I attended covered:
I also met two of the inspirational folks from...
The Biggest Loser
Jay and Jen Jacobs (father & daughter) who lost a combined total of 295 pounds!
- GLP-1 hormone. Most people with type 2 diabetes have low levels of GLP-1,
- Insulin pump therapy as an effective way to treat uncontrolled type 2 diabetes, and
- Better results when the entire family is involved (not just just the person with diabetes) in making lifestyle changes.
Above Photo: Jay, Christine, Jen
E-mails to Christine
Q: Are Stevia sweeteners safe for someone who has diabetes?
A: An extract from the stevia plant called rebiana has recently been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. This sweetener contains no calories. Brand names...
Read Christine's Entire Answer
- Let's talk! I've set aside every Friday to chat with customers and see how things are going.
Send me an e-mail: nutrition@GlucoMenu.com or click the link below.
Schedule a Telephone Call w/ Christine
- Christine's Diabetes Support Group on Facebook - Ask questions, read comments, and get answers from Christine and other members.
Christine on Facebook
Tip of the Week
Keeping a blood sugar log (booklet or handheld device) can help with diabetes management.
GlucoMenu® Stir Fry
2 fl. oz water
1 T. light soy sauce
1 t. honey
1 T. rice vinegar
1 red hot chili pepper, minced (if desired)
1/2 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup carrots
1/4 cup green beans
1/4 cup broccoli
1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup red onions, sliced
1/4 cup water chestnuts, sliced
3 oz. roasted chicken breast, sliced
1. Mix water, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, pepper (to desired hotness), and garlic to make sauce.
2. Saute vegetables in wok for 2 minutes. Add chicken.
3. Pour sauce in and heat for an additional minute or to desired crispness of vegetables.
4. Serve immediately.
5. Makes 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories: 252, Carbohydrate: 24 g, Fiber: 4 g, Fat: 4 g, Protein: 32 g, Sodium: 619 mg
A log can help you and your healthcare team understand how well your diabetes is being controlled and make any necessary adjustments.
Featured Article - Food Tips to Control Blood Sugar
Controlling blood sugar can delay or prevent diabetes complications. What, when, and how much you eat affects your blood sugar...
Food Tips to Control Blood Sugar
Food Picker® Updates
Greg's Exercise Tips
GlucoMenu® Support Group
In this issue:
- date & test time,
- blood sugar reading,
- food consumed, if testing after a meal - (note larger portions
than usual or alcohol consumed), and
- any notes regarding what could be impacting your blood sugar (i.e.
feeling sick or just exercised).
1. Who remembers the first days?
2. Hello to all
3. Friend cannot afford test strips
4. Seeing a Dietitian
5. Looking for a diet plan
6. 2nd opinion
I went online and found your program. WOW, I am so impressed with how you have 'put it all together.'
I started on your breakfasts menu Friday morning and shopped with your shopping list Friday. What a manageable program.