GlucoMenu® Newsletter - Monday, July 25, 2016
Unsubscribe Click Here | Subscribe Click Here
Message from Christine
Hi Everyone! This week's newsletter includes:
Make it a great week!
Christine Carlson, Registered Dietitian & Certified Diabetes Educator
- Attention Members
- Blood Sugar Ranges
- Lemon Poppy Muffin Recipe
- Portion Sizes
- What to drink besides water? (E-mail to Christine)
- Making exercise convenient
- Support Group
GlucoMenu® Nutrition Director
Featured Article - Blood Sugar Ranges
I have diabetes, what should my blood sugar be? Where should blood sugar be to avoid complications? What are normal blood sugar ranges for healthy people?
Blood Sugar Ranges
- Let's talk! I've set aside every Friday to chat with customers and see how things are going.
Send me an e-mail: nutrition@GlucoMenu.com or click the link below.
Schedule a Telephone Call w/ Christine
- Christine's Diabetes Support Group on Facebook - Ask questions, read comments, and get answers from Christine and other members.
Christine on Facebook
Tip of the Week - Portion Sizes
Size up your portions! Having a good understanding of
how much a portion is can help you to control the amount of carbohydrate
consumed and decreases chances of overeating. Often foods can be sized up by comparison to household items.
GlucoMenu® Lemon Poppy Muffins
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 T. granulated sugar
1/4 cup Splenda sweetener
2 t. baking powder
1/4 cup egg substitute
6 fl. oz. 1% milk
3 T. canola oil
1 T. poppy seeds
1 1/2 T. lemon peel, grated
1. Mix flours, sugar, Splenda, poppy seeds, and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl.
2. In small bowl combine egg substitute, milk, oil, and lemon peel.
3. Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
4. Spoon into non-stick muffin tins. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
5. Makes 8 muffins.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories: 177, Carbohydrate: 25 g, Fiber: 2 g, Fat: 6 g, Protein: 5 g, Sodium: 324 mg
Q: I am not a great water drinker and tend to go for the juices. What can I drink instead of water?
A: Juice tends to be one of the quickest ways to increase blood sugar. Instead of juices, you might look at...
Read Christine's Entire Answer
Food Picker® Updates
GlucoMenu® Support Group
In this issue:
- A medium potato is the size of a computer mouse.
- A standard size of a bagel is the size of a hockey puck.
- A cup of fruit is the size of a baseball.
- Three ounces of meat is about the size of a deck of cards.
- One ounce of cheese is the size of 4 dice.
1. Diabetes Type II second opinion
2. Glucophage side effects?
3. Just call me Allie...
4. Diabetes & steroids?
5. Diabetes poor control... help!
6. Where can I find a month of menus?
7. How do I help my husband? (response)
Greg's Exercise Tips
I love the fact that I just have to purchase the stuff and prepare it... no writing down everything or trying to concoct a meal myself... Keep up the good work and I am so pleased that I found your site!