GlucoMenu® Newsletter - Thursday, September 29, 2016
Unsubscribe Click Here | Subscribe Click Here
E-mails to Christine
Q: Can you reverse diabetes?
A: Type 2 diabetes cannot be reversed, but complications can be minimized with good blood sugar control. Your best defense is a balanced diet, physical activity...
Read Christine's Entire Answer
Survey Monkey - Diabetes Diet & Nutrition
Please take a few moments to fill out this quick diabetes survey on diet & nutrition.
GlucoMenu Diabetes Diet & Nutrition Survey
Message from Christine
Hi Everyone! This week's newsletter includes:
Make it a great week!
Christine Carlson, Registered Dietitian & Certified Diabetes Educator
- Can You Reverse Diabetes?
- Survey Monkey - Diabetes Diet & Nutrition
- Chicken Enchilada Recipe
- Increasing Fiber
- Sick Days
- Exercise Journal
- Support Group
GlucoMenu® Nutrition Director
Tip of the Week
The American Diabetes Association recommends 25-35 grams of fiber per day. To increase dietary fiber:
GlucoMenu® Chicken Enchiladas
12 oz. roasted skinless chicken breast, diced
8 Mission low carb soft taco size tortillas
1 1/2 cups low salt black beans
4 T. salsa
2 1/2 cups Old El Paso enchilada sauce
6 oz. low sodium mozzarella, shredded
1/4 cup black olives, sliced
1. Mix black beans and salsa.
2. Pour 1 cup of enchilada sauce in bottom on a 9x12" baking dish.
3. Place even amount of chicken and bean mixture in 8 tortillas.
4. Sprinkle each with 1 small pinch of cheese. Roll up and place in dish.
5. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over rolled up tortillas.
6. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Top with olives.
7. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until cheese has melted and sauce is bubbling.
8. Makes 8 enchiladas.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories: 309, Carbohydrate: 31 g, Fiber: 13 g, Fat: 10 g, Protein: 26 g, Sodium: 754 mg
A diet rich in fiber can help reduce cholesterol levels and promote weight loss.
Featured Article - Diabetes Sick Days
Everyone gets the occasional flu or cold but if you have
diabetes, more attention needs to be given to caring for yourself. Blood sugar can become elevated when you are sick even if you have not eaten
because your body is stressed. Follow these tips when feeling
sick to better control blood sugar...
Sick Days & Diabetes
Food Picker® Updates
Greg's Exercise Tips
GlucoMenu® Support Group
In this issue:
- choose whole fruits and vegetables over juices,
- choose whole grain bread over white bread,
- eat whole grain cereals more often than refined, high sugar cereals,
- select brown rice over white rice, and
- choose whole grain pasta over refined flour pasta.
1. When should I exercise?
2. Should I see a diabetes doctor?
3. Depressed with diabetes
4. Low blood glucose level (response)
5. Need to lose weight but have not seen a dietitian
6. Taking Glipizide, is this diabetes?
7. Why is my blood sugar high in the morning? (response)
I would just like to say thank you so much! I wish I had heard about GlucoMenu® years ago! I am so glad that I just happened across your website. I am very pleased.