GlucoMenu® Newsletter September 28 - October 4, 2009
Unsubscribe Click Here | Subscribe Click Here
GlucoMenu® Carrot Raisin Muffins
1 1/3 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. ground nutmeg
1/2 t. ground cloves
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup egg substitute
8 fl. oz. lowfat buttermilk
3 T. canola oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 T. honey
1 t. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Tip of the Week:
The American Diabetes Association recommends eating 2-3 servings of non-fried fish per week for dietary omega-3 fatty acids. Seafood contains omega-3
fatty acids that are considered a good type of fat because of the benefits they
provide. Omega-3 benefits include:
1. Combine flours, powder, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, mix egg substitute, buttermilk, oil, applesauce, honey, and vanilla. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture.
3. Stir in carrots, raisins, and walnuts.
4. Spoon batter into non-stick muffin pan.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Makes 8 muffins.
Nutrition Facts per muffin:
Calories: 244, Carbohydrate: 36 g, Fiber: 4 g, Fat: 9 g, Protein: 8 g, Sodium: 169 mg
Strive to eat seafood 2-3 times per week!
E-mails to Christine:
Which fruits would be a better choice for me to eat?
Featured Article: Medication Checklist
Read on to help make the most of your diabetes medications.
Diabetes Medication Checklist
Visit the GlucoMenu® blog for diabetes related information including commonly asked questions to help with daily management. Feel free to post questions or comments!
GlucoMenu® Support Group:
In this issue:
- reduction of blood triglyceride levels,
- prevention of blood clotting (which can cause blood vessels
to narrow and ultimately become blocked),
- possible reduction of blood pressure, and
- food sources are low in saturated fat.
1. Foot Ulcer
2. Healthy Thinking
3. Diabetes Type II second opinion (Update)
4. Glucophage side effects? (Response)
5. No insurance
6. Insulin resistance getting worse
Having trouble getting into the exercise grove? Try getting up a little earlier in the
morning and going for a long walk. After you finish your
workout reward yourself with T.V., Internet, or some other leisure activity you
enjoy. You will feel better after exercise and the reward will be greater.
Several frozen items were recently added to Food Picker!
Eggo Nutrti-Grain Waffles Whole Wheat
Healthy Choice Meals - Beef Pot Roast
C&W Ultimate Blueberries
Totino's Party Pizza Pepperoni
GlucoMenu® Food Picker v2.0 for Diabetics
I'm very pleased to have found GlucoMenu® I like the thoroughness of providing menus, grocery lists, recipes and nutritional analysis. Awesome.
More Customer Reviews...