GlucoMenu® Newsletter August 3-9, 2009
Unsubscribe Click Here | Subscribe Click Here
GlucoMenu® Cranberry Almond Granola
1/4 cup wheat germ
2 t. brown sugar
2 T. honey
1 t. vanilla extract
2 T. canola oil
2 T. water
1 t. ground cinnamon
1 3/4 cup dry oatmeal
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup dried cranberries
Tip of the Week:
Did you know stress can affect your blood sugar? Work,
family, or financial issues are all sources of stress in life. Stress can
produce chemicals that increase blood sugar. Consider your habits when you
are under stress. If you eat more when you are stressed, this
can also lead to increased blood sugar. Follow these tips to reduce stress
and control blood sugar.
1. In mixing bowl, combine oats and wheat germ, set aside.
2. Blend water, cinnamon, brown sugar, honey, oil, and vanilla.
3. Stir cinnamon mixture into oats.
4. Spread mixture onto large, shallow pan.
5. Bake at 275 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
6. Add cranberries and almonds and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes.
7. Cool and store in air tight container.
8. Makes five servings.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories: 262, Carbohydrate: 36 g, Fiber: 5 g, Fat: 11 g, Protein: 7 g, Sodium: 2 mg
Blood sugar control includes eating right, regular exercise, and limiting stress.
E-mails to Christine:
My glucose tolerance test was at 105 - how high/low is that compared to acceptable levels?
Featured Article: Sugar & Diabetes
In the past, when someone was diagnosed with diabetes, they were told they should not eat
sugar. The thinking was that sugar affected blood sugar more than complex carbohydrates (table sugar
compared to a slice of bread). That thinking has shifted...
Sugar & Diabetes
GlucoMenu® Support Group:
In this issue:
- Exercise daily to alleviate stress.
- Write down what causes stress and take steps to control your behavior when reacting to stress.
- Take a 10-15 minute break when working long hours.
- Talk with a friend or join a support group to lessen stress.
- Engage in a relaxing activity such as gardening or reading when you feel stressed.
1. Should I be taking insulin shots? (response)
2. Metformin concerns (response)
3. Lactic Acid Build up
4. Diagnosed 1 week ago
5. What can we eat?
6. Type 2?
7. Gnawing hunger
Consider joining a gym or health club. Becoming a gym member can help
you exercise consistently, especially on the days where outdoor activity is not
an option due to weather. Ask your local health club for a free 2-week pass
to evaluate whether it is a fit for you. Health club staff should be able to introduce
you to the equipment (how to use it) and other benefits of the facility.
Several sauces were recently added to Food Picker!
La Victoria Thick N Chunky Salsa
Mrs. Dash Garlic Lime 10-Minute Marinade
Prego Chunky Garden Combination Italian Sauce
Hunts Original BBQ Sauce
GlucoMenu® Food Picker v2.0 for Diabetics
I have found your program to be very useful and I would recommend it to anyone in need of an easy to use diet that gets the results and is very tasty to boot.
More Customer Reviews...